Tuesday, August 12, 2014

18 Weeks & a Reveal

How far along: 18 weeks
Weight Gain this month, Total Weight Gain:  5 lbs, 140 lbs
Approximate Size of Baby:  sweet potato
Gender:  we found out this visit
Maternity Clothes:  I can wear almost everything in my maternity section now, except for a couple shirts and pants that I save for the end.
Sleep:  I'm always tired, but I usually have a hard time going to sleep.  It stinks.
Memorable Moments:  This visit started out with the anatomy visit to check on the baby.  The general consensus was that this baby is going to be a girl.  I guess just following the pattern and Annabelle's desire to have a sister.  Well, her desire will have to wait a little longer because the evidence suggests that this one is going to be a BOY!  As always, we're excited.  While we waited for our follow-up appointment, we started looking up boy names because we didn't agree on either of the ones we had before.  Hopefully we'll find one we agree on sooner rather than later.
Movement:  He's not as active as his siblings yet, but I'm sure that'll change as he gets bigger and I can feel him more.
Exercise:  Keeping up after the kids and going swimming are really the only ways I exercise this time around.  Hopefully once the heat wears off, we'll be able to go for walks around the neighborhood again.
Food Cravings/Aversions:  This time around, I really haven't had some strong cravings.  Once someone mentions something for dinner, and it sounds good to me, then I want it.  But usually, it has to be mentioned first.  As for aversions, I have to take a bite of the food first to be averted to it, if that makes sense.
Not-so-Fun Symptoms:  My skin broke out like I'm a teenager again--- and I seem to be extra sensitive to my emotions, as well.  It's kind of ridiculous.
Status of Belly-Button: a little concave, but still there.
What I Miss:  Being able to play with my kids and still have energy.
What I'm looking forward to:  The heat subsiding; feeling the baby more often; Jared and Annabelle starting school; our new niece being born in September/October.
Anything Else:  To tell the kids, I took a video of Jared and Annabelle looking at the sonogram pictures.  The first two pictures showed arms, head, and legs.  The last one had the gender pictures and the words.  I told Jared to read it out loud to Annabelle; he read it, her face dropped, and she started to cry.  I had to stop taking the video and cuddle with her.  After she calmed down, she said, "it's okay, Mom.  I'll love the baby and then the NEXT baby will be my sister."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin