Monday, June 23, 2014

Jared's Second Primary Talk

I know I just wrote a post like this, but with Annabelle, instead of Jared.  As fate would have it, two weeks after Annabelle gave her talk, Jared was asked to talk.  It seems strange that Annabelle would give her second talk first, but last year, we always seemed to be out-of-town when Jared was scheduled to give a talk.

I think they finally decided to stop trying to assign him.  It's a good thing they picked this week since we're leaving for California this week.  And, since we were up in RR for Father's Day, we would've not known about this assignment, if it wasn't for the email reminder sent this week.

So, Jared and I sat down and figured out what he wanted to say.  He even wrote it down; until he got tired a few sentences in.  So, I became transcribe while he reminded me what he wanted to say.  Since his last talk, he's learned how to read, so we didn't even go up to help him; Greg and I just watched our little boy grow up some more.  Seriously, why are they growing so fast?!?!

His Topic: I can prepare now to be worthy to enter the Temple.

His Talk:
The temple is a sacred place.  Even though I can't go inside yet, I can prepare now so I will be worthy when I am old enough.

I prepare to go to the temple now by helping my family.

I prepare to go to the temple now by playing nicely and being a good example.

I prepare to go to the temple now by going to church and listening in primary.

Every time we do what is right we prepare to go to the temple.

I want to go to the temple one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin