Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Annabelle's First: Day of Preschool

When Jared was old enough, I was really excited to start him in a Mom co-op preschool.  It was fun and tiring all at once.  As it happened, I actually taught at the beginning of my pregnancy with Luke and when he was an almost three month old.  It was hard, but really worth it.  I enjoyed the thrill of teaching again.

Throughout Jared's preschool years, Annabelle loved participating.  The girl has always acted older than she is; so it's only natural that she would want to do preschool when she's was old enough.  Since she had basically had pre-preschool with Jared, we decided to look into other options.

We heard from some of our ward members of a local gym which did a preschool program twice a week.  Annabelle and I went to check it out and she LOVED it; she asked me that day if she could stay there.  She's already so smart and really just needs the social aspect and routine of going to school, so it felt like the best place for her.

The visit day was a month before her first day of school; so, for the past month, she's been asking me nearly every chance she's gotten, when it was time for her to go.  Her asking increased since Jared started school.

Today was the day she's been waiting for.  Luke & I dropped her off; we gave her a hug and she ran to join her classmate.  Luke seemed to have a harder time; when we got home he'd do short little voice bursts to see if anyone was home.  After I picked her up, she told me all about the trampolines and jumping in the pit and making crafts and this... and that... and this... she was so so SO excited.

Lately, when I look at Annabelle, I see more of a little girl than a preschooler, toddler, or baby.  Some days it feels like I just had her and others, it feels as though she's wise beyond her years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin