Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Year of Luke

I cannot believe I'm already writing Luke's one year stats.  I waited until now because I finally took him in for his year check-up today.  Other parents are not joking when they say 'things go by faster the more kids you have.'  Sometimes I wish we could slow down and enjoy all of the little moments that are passing by so fast.  Oh well, such is life. 

Weight: 24 lbs 14 oz (50%)
Height: 30 1/2 inches (75%)
Head Circumference: 18 1/2 in (80%)
Hair: whispy strawberry blonde
Eyes: dark brown
Teeth:
He's half-way there... already has 10!
Shoe Size: 4
Clothes Size:  mostly 12 months, 12-18 months and small 18M things
Nicknames: Lukie-Luke, Lukie, Stinky, Turkey, Babe-ah, Chunky
Likes:
Annabelle, Jared, Mommy, Daddy, Green Blanket, Mickey Mouse, Daniel Tiger, chewing on his crib (yikes)
Dislikes: Getting his boogers taken out of his nose, peas, being pinned down, going to bed before he wants to
Favorite Food: pumpkin-flavored anything, yogurt bites, almost anything chopped to finger food size and you give to him.
Favorite Toys: anything he can chew on and/or bite down on and crawl around with
Favorite Books: He doesn't really sit still for books yet, just likes to put them in his mouth.  He really likes to put Hop on Pop in his mouth.
Favorite Things to Watch: Whatever his brother and sister are watching, but he seems to pay extra attention to Mickey Mouse & Daniel Tiger (that's why I mentioned them in his likes)
New Words:  He signs 'all-done' 'more' and 'food'  He says Mama, Dada, and I swear I heard him say 'ah-da' when I asked if he was all done with lunch yesterday.  He gets more vocal as each day passes; especially since Jared and Annabelle started school.
Other New Tricks:  He's working on his first two molars right now; here's hoping they come out fast.  He really likes to scoot around the furniture.  He's big enough to walk, but doesn't want to right now.
What's next: Walking, Teething, Communicating, Not eating books--- you know, typical toddler things.... oh, and a visit from Mema and Deda :)
How he drives us crazy: Right now the biggest struggle with Luke is trying to be consistent in teaching him signs; I want to be able to communicate enough with him so I can know if he wants more food, hurt, tired, etc.  I know his ques, but it would be nice to see him at the next step.  The flipside of that is: he's growing up was too fast.  Everyone used to tell me that things go by faster with the third and they really do--- I really don't know where the time went!  Next time I turn my head he'll be going to Kindergarten, like Jared.
Why she's so awesome: He's such a calm soul.  He brings a peaceful feeling into the house by just being here.  He absolutely adores everyone in the family and it makes my heart melt every time I see his face light up when he sees someone he loves.  He's normally so so happy.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again:  if everyone was guaranteed to have a baby as happy tempered as Luke, we would all have large families.

It's been a crazy wonderful first year of your life, Lukie-Luke, we love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin