Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Digging for Dinos


Jared LOVES everything about Dinosaurs (like most little boys).  In fact, he tells me almost every day how he wants to be a Paleontologist when he grows up.  During {Play 'n Learn} last month, we had a day all about dinosaurs.  There was even a sand table with dinosaur skeletons to dig up.  He loved it so much, he told me later that day we could do something like that with our sand table at home.

So, on Easter morning Jared got some dinosaur skeletons in his Easter basket.  The last few days we have spent some of the afternoon digging dinosaurs.  He, and Annabelle, would probably stay out there all afternoon (if it wasn't for the HOT Texas sun, I'd let them).  When I took pictures today, they'd find all 12 of the dinosaurs and then go somewhere in the yard where they couldn't see Meg or I hide them.  (SO glad she's here while Greg goes out-of-town again for the weekend.)

Their digging styles are definitely true to their personalities: Jared would use the tools given to him to carefully brush away the sand until the whole dinosaur was uncovered, while Bellie would only uncover a little bit with the tools and then pull the dino out excitedly.  Call me crazy, but I think her way would cause the destruction of a lot of real-life fossils.  Good thing it was only pretend. :)
Auntie & Baby

Jared's self-portrait
Miss Ham-for-the-Camera
Just like a true Paleontologist, Jared knows the names to all of his dinosaurs AND he corrects us when we say them wrong.  Hilarious and sad all at the same time.  I know he's growing and changing every day, but I'm constantly marveled by just how smart he is.  It's really hard to grasp that he's almost FIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin