Wednesday, February 20, 2013

30 by 30: Book Club

I accomplished one of my {30 by 30} goals last night by hosting book club.

I made this a goal because I wanted to be able to find a book that everyone in my group would want to read.  Most of the time, the group stretches my reading sphere and I don't feel like I bring a lot to the table in my suggestions or discussion points.  I know that's mostly not true and it's my female psyche working against me, however, I still wanted to feel like I could contribute and the best way to do that was to find a selection to read and host.

One of my favorite movies growing up was "The Princess Bride".  So, I was really excited when I found out that it was a book first.  So, I suggested it to the group back in November or December and everyone (meaning everyone who came that month) was ready and willing--- WOO HOO!  And, I thought a fun, romantic tale would be perfect for February.

It was an easy and hilarious read.  The book is a satire and definitely my kind of book.  For the eats, I served: MLT crackers-- really BLT because I didn't have Mutton, chocolate truffle life pills, and peanuts. :)

We had a great discussion-- and I even showed a few clips from the author and cast talking about way Princess Bride is such a classic.

I don't know why I was so afraid to host, but now I won't hesitate in the future.... the hardest part of the whole process was finding a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin