Thursday, January 31, 2013

Random January

While playing doctor one night this month, Annabelle turns to me and says: Okay, Mom, your blood is 50 miles, so you're not dead.

Thanks for clearing that up, Dr. Bellie.

----
One of Jared's favorite Christmas present has to be his K'nex Dinosaurs.  The kid will spend HOURS meticulously building one of TWENTY different dinosaurs in the kit.  He's mostly gotten rid of his nap since Luke moved up into their room and building his dinosaurs is his favorite Quiet Time Activity.  This is after he and I built a dinosaur together.

---
Luke's newest face--- sticking his tongue out.  He also like to blow raspberries now (and we have a video).

---
This is the kids watching Wizard of Oz for the first time.  Annabelle would not stop asking me about Dorothy, her traveling companion, and their motivation.  It was annoying (because she wouldn't stop) and cute (because she was so concerned) at the same time.  Maybe that's a little bit of me in here....

---
Another nap time this month, Jared and I made all of these 'Sushi Treats' for the Relief Society activity this month.  Ironically, we forgot to save a few for the family and they went so fast at the activity, I didn't even get one.

---
Jared and his two closest buddies, Alex & Caleb.  If I remember correctly, they're watching Shaun the Sheep.

---
This is when Luke grabbed for a toy for the first time.  Milestone, woot!

---
Annabelle and I were cuddling one night in the chair and she drew a picture of she and I cuddling on the magnadoodle.  So flipping cute.

---
At the end of last month, Greg was called to be the Ward Executive Secretary.  I had a feeling something like this was coming because recently I had been feeling oddly grateful to have him while we get ready for church.  Not any more.  Church is now at nine, so he has meetings beforehand and the first time they see him on Sundays is at church.  He usually just 15-20 minutes behind us in leaving, so not too bad right now.

---
Right now, I'm in the middle of competing on {So You Think You're Crafty}.  Here's my permanent {profile page}.  It's been fun, exciting, stressful and constant.  I had a close scare this week, I almost got eliminated.  My goal is to get top three--- I guess we'll see.  If not, oh well, it was still fun.

---
One day after preschool, Jared was really proud of his HUGE green snowflake he made and he "wanted me to take a picture so he'd remember it when it was ruined by Annabelle or Luke."  Direct quote, I kid you not.

---
Jared and Bellie had their first Banana Splits on Monday as an impromptu FHE treat.  It was just going to be frozen yogurt THEN I remembered we had whipped cream THEN I remembered the Bananas THEN I remember the Chocolate Syrup.  Yep, I think I earned 'World's Awesomest Mom' that night.


---
Lastly,  one night, I caught this:

Luke is already starting Jedi training with Yoda.  I guess the force is strong with this one. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin