Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Our Pre-Kindergarten Kiddo

Ready to Go
What happens when I say "Make a Silly Face"
Jared started preschool today... again.  It feels odd saying again, like he was held back or something, but this feels like the honest-to-goodness 'first day.'  Not to put any less value on last year; he loved it and I'm sure it helped him learn to sit and he LOVED telling me everything he learned each day.  The reason is feels more 'real' than last year because he starts Kindergarten NEXT YEAR.  Greg even reminded me the night before school started that this would be the last year we wouldn't be apart of that.... odd....

It floors me that the baby I was pregnant with back in Wisconsin is the age of the kids I taught then.  He's Pre-K, and shows it every day.  A couple weeks ago, he was playing a numbers game and he turned to me and said, "Mommy, 2 plus 2 is 4, right?"  We then spent the next few minutes doing addition doubles.  What the what?!?!

When did he get SO big?

All I know is I'm going to be an emotional basket case next year and he's already counting down the days (mostly because the school he's going to is being built right now and he LOVES to go see it... at least that's what I'm telling myself...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin