Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Impromptu Beach Trip

On the way back from the store last night, Oba thought it would be fun to take the kids down to the beach.  She was right, it was fun--- the kids LOVED every minute; it was sunset (a.k.a. absolutely beautiful) AND we found a place to go to for my birthday dinner.

At first, they were really interested in the water, until Jared touched it and proclaimed, "that's really REALLY cold."  They were both pretty bummed until Oba & Aunt Meggie showed them what to do at the beach, if you can't play in the water AND it's rocky: shell hunting.

I became the designated picture taker (all on my phone since it was a spontaneous beach trip) because bending over and I aren't on speaking terms right now.  Oba became the shell holder and Meg & the kids became the hunters.  We spent a good 20 minutes looking for shells.  The kids would find one, no matter the size and condition, and get SUPER excited, show all three of us, put it in the bag and repeat the process.

On our way back to the car, Jared came to me with a new shell.  He was so excited until I realized what it was:  a crab claw.  Ewww.  I told him what it was and he said, "we'd better put it back so he can come and get it back."  Sure buddy.

Since it was sunset, it was WAY past the kid's bedtime so back to Oba & Jiji's we went.  When we got back, they were so excited to tell Jiji what we did--- even though we should have called him to meet us there.  Good thing we're going back on my birthday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin