Tuesday, July 31, 2012

30 by 30: #27 Feasting Upon the Word

While in Seattle, I completed a couple of my goals from my {30 by 30 list}.  One I did, and want to continue to do, is I was able to read my scriptures and take notes for 30 days straight.  I really wanted to complete this goal now because I normally slack off in my scripture studies while on vacation AND I knew this vacation would be extra difficult.

For some reason being consistent in my scripture study has always been a challenge for me.  My testimony has never faltered, I've just never seemed to keep with it.  I hope this is something I won't always struggle with because I get SO much from the scriptures.

I was able to get my scriptures out and take notes each day.  The quality, however, varied.  There was a difference between the days I studied and actually studied.  I even treated the people around me nicer and I know it helped me through not having Greg for a long period of time.  I was even able to pull lessons out of what I studied and apply them to certain situations of the day. 

A couple nights in Seattle my Dad caught me falling asleep as I was reading saying "I just need to read another verse."  I was so stubborn strong-willed about this because I wanted to prove to myself I could actually pull it off.

None of this is new to me; I've been taught this since I was a kid.  It's just nice to have a reminder to keep moving forward.  The spiritual part of me is just as important as everything else.  I'm really excited I completed this goal--- here's to keeping it a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin