- We left early. Greg took us in as he went to work, so he was able to escort us to the gate (fantastic) and we were able skip past the longest-security-line-I've-ever-seen-at-the-SA-airport because we had the kids (although they said next time they'd only do it if we had a stroller).
- I was able to get pre-boarding sleeves both times because of the pregnancy PLUS traveling alone with the two kids.
- Snacks. We had lots and lots of snacks.
- Activities & the great DVD player. Both kiddos had their backpack and I had my Mommy bag full of things for us to do. Seriously great. I was able to read some of my book while the kids quietly watched Mickey Mouse and ate apples.
- Our layover in Denver was literally a walk across to the next gate over and boarding started within minutes.
- Patient people seated around us just in case Annabelle got restless, which she did at the end of both flights. But, only at the end.
Once we arrived in Seattle, Jared actually ran up to my Dad and gave him a big hug. It took Annabelle maybe five minutes to warm up to him, but now she's Jiji's girl. The day was so tiring, Annabelle passed out within minutes of getting in the car and Jared passed out for the night at dinner. Oba 'sacrificed' and held him while the rest of us finished.
Tonight, it was Bellie's turn to randomly fall asleep. She did so on the floor at my feet while look for the cat. The kids and I are sharing a room for the visit, so I hope the rest of the nights go as well as these first two.
It's really crazy to think that we're already here, on the trip where Parker comes home from his mission and Zak & Krystal get married. We've been talking about it all year... and now it's the present! So exciting.... the only thing I'm bummed about is being away from Greg for so long... hopefully he doesn't go too crazy and thank goodness for skype.