Monday, June 18, 2012

Jared's Primary Talk

Jared gave his first primary talk on Sunday... Father's Day.  we tried to hype it up all week, so he would be excited to give it.  We even told the grandparents and they requested a video.

In the days before his talk, Jared and I figured out what he wanted to say and we practiced.  He even got to the point where he had a few lines memorized.  The day of, Jared ran into primary and sat on the talk chair; he was so excited.  Then, he got nervous; he scrunched up and became very quiet (which is opposite of what he normally is).  When it was time for his talk, he still gave it and was excited, but hard to hear.





Here's the transcript, just in case you couldn't hear the video (I didn't realize the mic was so far away from Jared's face).

My talk today is on our theme, I choose the right by living gospel principles.


One Book of Mormon prophet who chose the right was Nephi.  He listened to what his Daddy, Lehi, taught him.  Then he prayed and the Spirit helped him know what his Daddy said was true.  He knew that Heavenly Father blesses people who chose the right.


I want to choose the right like Nephi.  I can follow my Daddy's example by helping my Mommy, being nice to my sister, and listening to the Spirit. I know when I chose to follow Nephi's, and my Daddy's, examples, Heavenly Father will bless me and I will be happy.


I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

After he was done, he had a huge smile on his face, gave Greg and I a huge hug and sat back down with his class.  He's gotten so big, so fast lately.  We've been working on his letters as well and he started drawing some more.

One of the greatest things about being a parent is watching them grow, learn, and achieve milestones.  It's a bummer that it goes by so fast, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin