Friday, June 1, 2012

A Breakfast Conversation



Breakfast today was very entertaining.  The kids kept having one-liners and I knew I NEEDED to write them down.

It all started because we were talking about babies being born really small; we have some really good friends whose baby's arrival is in Waiting Mode.  So, naturally, they started talking about our baby boy.  I mentioned to the kids that when he arrives we'll have three boys and two girls in our family.

Annabelle then said: "Then after baby L (just like Jared & Annabelle we won't formally announce until he comes, so he's baby L) comes, the next day we can have three girls too."  Um... sure little Mama, just give me a little bit more of a recovery time.

Jared immediately followed:  "When baby L & I get bigger then we'll have THREE Daddies in our family."  Eventually, bud.

 - - - - - - -

A few minutes after breakfast the kids picked out their clothes.  Jared came and told me he wanted his tree shirt.  Confused, I asked him, what shirt, bud?  His response:  "You know, the one with the trees and leave just like Daddy."  LIGHTBULB.  His ONLY Hawaiian Shirt.

Jared has been on this kick lately of dressing like Greg.  The last couple of Sundays, he simply HAD to wear a tie to match Daddy.  I thought it was HILARIOUS that he wanted to wear his only Hawaiian shirt because he wanted to match Daddy.  I had even weeded out MOST of Gweg's Hawaiian Shirts before we had kids and Jared still picked up on it.

Man, this kid knows his Dad.

- - - - - - -

Then, it was Annabelle's turn to get dressed.  In true Annabelle fashion, she wanted to wear her Beauty & the Beast shirt with her Belle skirt (a yellow ruffle skirt).  Lately, she's been very interested in Baby L in my tummy.  Last week, she & Jared started talking to him (hilarious), asking him to wake up and move.  I can't wait to see her reaction when she finally feels him move.

To go along with that, she started talking about the baby in her tummy.  We told her that she doesn't have a baby in there yet, but she can when she's older, after she gets married in the temple.  So now, instead of  "I have a baby in my tummy" it's "I don't have a baby in my tummy yet."

This morning it turned into "Mommy, I don't have baby L in my tummy yet."
Me: "Honey, you don't have to name your baby, L.  You came name your babies whatever you want."
Annabelle:  "Oh, Coco then."

I couldn't help but laugh.  Coco is the name of her favorite stuffed pink monkey.

Apparently, one of our grandchildren will be named after a pink monkey.  Typical Annabelle.

- - - - - - - -

Before I forget.  This happened a couple days ago.

The kids started pretending to get married a couple days ago.  They talked about going to the temple & getting married (awe).  Annabelle even wrapped her blanket around herself and called it her 'wedding clothes.'

I totally thought this would happen after Z & Krystal's wedding next month, but thought it was adorable that it happened spontaneously.

Seriously, adore these kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin