Saturday, June 23, 2012

28 Weeks


The Belly at 25.5 Weeks

How far along: 28 weeks.  'Officially the THIRD trimester'
Weight Gain this month, Total Weight Gain, Current Weight:  2 lbs, 21 lbs, 151 lbs
Approximate Size of Baby:  2 1/4 lbs, almost 15 inches, size of a Chinese Cabbage (who comes up with this stuff?)
Maternity Clothes:  I'm started to feel a little bit of a 'tight' fit in some of my 'small' maternity clothes
Sleep:  I only sleep on my sides now.  Anytime I lay on my back for a few minutes, I feel the back pressure.  I try to get the right amount of sleep, but everything feels like 'not enough' this far into the pregnancy.
Memorable Moments:  The kids felt him move for the first time.    Annabelle was laying on my tummy, she likes to use it as a pillow, while Baby L had the hiccups.  A couple seconds into it she asked me why my tummy was moving; I told her it was L and he had the hiccups.  She giggled, called him silly, and started talking to him.  Jared then ran over and wanted to feel him move; he did and thought it was really funny that L could have hiccups in my belly. *** Had to take my glucose test this week.... glad that's over with.
Movement:  All the time.  Starting to be uncomfortable whenever he stretches out.  He's attacked my bladder first time and luckily, my body was able to defend itself at the time. :)
Exercise:  Pool and really short walks around the neighborhood.  My hip is still bugging me. :(
Food Cravings/Aversions:  Same as before.  This month I added cherries to the cravings list.  They are OH. SO. GOOD right now.
Not-so-Fun Symptoms:  The tiredness and inability to help with tasks it was really bugs me.  AND the fact that I'm already getting Braxton Hicks.
Labor Signs:  Intermittent BH.  I had a day where I had a few, so my doctor checked and made sure they weren't making my body start the 'getting ready' process.  Luckily, I'm still good.
Status of Belly-Button: gone
What I Miss:  My energy
What I'm looking forward to:  Getting everything ready for the baby's arrival--- Going to Seattle at the end of next week.
Anything Else:  I'm a little worried about traveling with the kids alone and really pregnant, but it'll be worth it to help with the wedding and get to know my future sister-in-law.  At the beginning of this pregnancy, I thought this part of the year was so far in the future and now it's here--- which means Baby L's arrival is just around the corner.  If he's like his big sister, then we are 10 weeks away from his arrival.  I feel less anxiety this time regarding the time after his birth, I just hope that my pregnancy continues to go well. *fingers crossed* Especially, since I'll be out-of-town for almost three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin