Monday, April 30, 2012

20 Weeks... give or take a week


20 week head & foot

How far along:  as of today, 22 weeks
Weight Gain this Month, Total Weight Gain: 4 lbs, 15ish lbs
Approximate Size of Baby: abt 10 1/2 oz, 6 1/2 inches (or length of a banana)
Gender:  BOY.  Jared is super excited to share his room; Annabelle had to warm up to the idea, but now she talks about the baby all the time.  Since we found out a week early, the tech at my appointment wanted to know if I wanted to find out, I told her I already knew.  She saw the evidence and said, yep. :)
Sleep:  I've now graduated to having my body pillow and pregnancy wedge to sleep with.  Poor Greg barely has any room in the bed, however, that should change in a few weeks when he finishes our new bed.
Memorable Moments: Finding out he was a BOY *** Since we've found out he's a boy, the kids have always included him in their prayers: "please bless baby L that he'll grow so strong in Mommy's tummy" *** They have also started talking to him this month.  Annabelle will put her mouth right up to my belly and say, "Hi/good night/ wake-up Baby L"
Movement:  I feel him all the time.  It's great.  Greg also felt him for the first time this month.
Food Cravings/Aversions:  Still loving on burgers and eggs.  I'm also enjoying every bite of fresh-fruit in the house. *** Since I have a hard time with fried bread, I couldn't stomach a Gyoza this month, for the first time in my life.  It was so traumatic, I almost cried.
Not-so-Fun Symptoms:  The hip pain is still bugging me and super-annoying every morning.  My doc suggested buying a Maternity belt, which I promptly did last night.  I hope it helps.*** Every time L stretches, I get worried because my belly tightens, my MCs have made me super-paranoid and I take every moment of this pregnancy to convince myself to relax and enjoy it.
Status of Belly-Button:  I now officially have a pregnancy belly.  People are starting to make the comments of 'wow, you sure popped out.' 
What I Miss: Gyozas :(
What I'm looking forward to:  Jared's birthday celebrations, getting closer to the 3rd trimester, getting rid of the nerve pain in my leg
Anything Else:  It's becoming more real now that we know who is in my tummy.  We had a feeling it was him, but it's nice to know now.  This is the part of pregnancy that I enjoy.  I'm not too small for others to not understand why I feel so yucky and I'm not too big to pity because everyone knows you are uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin