Saturday, March 3, 2012

12 Weeks



How far along: 12 weeks (3 months--- 2 weeks until the Second Trimester)!
Weight Gain this Month, Total Weight Gain: *cough* 5 lbs (it's all the bread I crave), 9ish lbs
Approximate Size of Baby:  2 inches, about the size of a lime
Maternity Clothes:  Fitting into the largest of my normal collection (with belly band) and smallest of my maternity clothes
Sleep:  Having a little bit of insomnia.  I have a hard time falling asleep once I go to bed
Memorable Moments: This month, Jared asked me how the baby comes out.  I told him I'll go to the hospital and push him/her out.  He said, oh.  Luckily, he didn't ask from where.  ***  We told the rest of the family members this past month.  We emailed the 8 week video to my parents and they were able to show my grandparents.  It was great.  We still haven't told Uncle Elder, Greg wants me to show up to the airport, 7 months pregnant, and surprise him.  Until I find the right moment, that's the plan.
Exercise:  Getting up and down the stairs because I'm already tired when I do that.  Sheesh, hope I get a reprieve of that before I get late-pregnancy big.  Also, slow, slow walks around the neighborhood.
Food Cravings/Aversions:  Still can't handle carbonation or most fried food (oh, no).  The only thing that helps my stomach is any kind of bread.  Hence the weight gain.  I really hope this isn't my biggest pregnancy.
Not-so-Fun Symptoms:  Getting what I thought were "Third Trimester Aches" already, especially in my left hip.  My doctor says it's normal to get them earlier which each pregnancy. Yay.
What I Miss:  My Pencil Skirts
What I'm looking forward to:  Telling people I'm pregnant and not trying to hide the continuously growing pooch.
Anything Else:  The bigger I get, the more and more I anticipate feeling the baby move.  I keep thinking that maybe I did, but it turns out to be just gas.  One of these days, it'll be the flutter that is unmistakable.  ***  The kids wanted to buy new baby clothes for our new baby.  I told them we had to wait until we find out if the baby is a boy or girl.  They asked when, I said, April (next month)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin