Saturday, December 10, 2011

Advent Fun

The kids are having a great time doing our Advent Calendar activities.  I've been looking forward to this since I made the Advent because it's the traditions that they'll remember when they think of the holidays.

Here they are drawing pictures and writing letters to Santa.  Jared mentioned Star Wars toys & Annabelle mentioned Princesses.  Sounds about right.


This technically wasn't our advent activity for the day, but the kids were able to build 'Gingerbread houses' with Jared's preschool class.  Jared was really particular in putting every type of candy on the house.  Annabelle ate the decorations as soon as they got to her plate.

Jared & his creation.

Annabelle & hers.  Notice the lack of outer additions.

Another day was 'Christmas Art Project.'  So, we took our Christmas cookie cutters and they used some washable fingerpaint to create pictures.

Lest, we forget who Christmas is about, we're also reading from this book I created.  It's our scripture book for the month.  {HERE} is the link on my craft blog, if you want one too.


Other than that, I'm trying to take videos and pictures, when I can remember, but it's hard since I'm relying only on my phone.  A new camera is definitely on my list to Santa. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin