Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkin Carving 2011

Since we (and by we, I mean myself & a friend) decided to make ALL of our Halloween costumes this year, we didn't get the chance to go to a pumpkin patch this year. Instead, we bought a few supermarket pumpkins & carved them a week before Halloween.

Jared & Annabelle picked out what they wanted carved into their pumpkins (Phineas & Ferb, Minnie Mouse); then Mommy & Daddy did all of the hard work. Obviously, it's not like we're going to give poky-pumpkin saws to the kids.

The funniest thing about this year was the kids complete aversion to the pumpkin guts. I thought they'd have a good time digging it out with me, alas, they are like their Daddy. Don't like the stuff. AT. ALL. So, I was left on my own to dig them out. I tried to get everyone to touch the guts, but they wouldn't have it. Jared & Belle even ran away. Jared told me more than once, "that stuff is yucky & gross." Annabelle even picked up the 'yucky' part.
After the guts cleared, Greg & I went to carving. The kids got super excited whenever a part fell out. Then, it was bed time & we finished after they went to bed.

It's kind of hard to see our pumpkin, but it looked cool. Since the kiddo's pumpkins were fancy, I took a large drill bit & drilled a whole bunch of holes into the pumpkin. Then, I stuck a short string of Halloween lights in it. It looked great, but apparently didn't transfer well to film.
Yay for pumpkins. Yay for Halloween & family memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin