Sunday, August 21, 2011

Seven Year Itch?

Seven years ago today, we started our eternity together... wait, has it really been THAT long?!?

Yes, yes it has. This was the first anniversary that people went, 'oh, wow that long' not 'oh, you're still newlyweds.' The world thinks that we should be getting sick of each other; wanting to explore and make martial mistakes, especially since we got married 'so young.' I guess it is only three years from the big 1-0; but the thing is... we're only starting eternity. Every anniversary on this earth means we're still 'newlyweds.'

The last seven years have been fun, hard, spiritual, frustrating, difficult, crazy, ridiculous, exhausting, and pretty much any other adjective I can think of. I know it's so clique, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Every 'bad' thing helped us grow individually, as a couple and as a family. I'm even more in love with my sweetheart than our wedding day, something I would not have believed as a 'blushing bride.' He makes me stronger in every way, yet still can push on every. single. button. He is the ying to my yang, the flip to my flop. We complement each other in our individuality, yet are so in sync. Can you tell I'm seriously in love with this guy? I love him. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Enough of the sappy stuff--- to celebrate SEVEN years (still have a hard time with that), we surprised each other with some small gifts and went on a simple date. I know, real exciting, but we LOVED it. The date was dinner and a movie, Olive Garden & Captain America, to be specific.

Since our actual anniversary was today, a Sunday, I told Greg I wanted to make something simple, but flirtatious for us to wear; just to make the day a little different. So, I emailed him a picture of what I wanted to do and he replied back with "I dare you." Well... that was it... so I made these:

I totally forgot to get a picture of us wearing them... must recreate. :) Greg got lots of comments in ward meetings this morning. After sacrament, a primary girl walked past us, read Greg's pin, and made a 'grossed out' face. I guess she's just doing what Jared or Annabelle would do, if they were old enough. It was hilarious. We continued to get comments through the rest of the meetings; just a funny little way to remember the day.

We'll finish off our celebrations by going to the temple this weekend to do some sealings.

Seriously, where did the time go? It feels like yesterday... so much for the infamous itch... I guess we have the right kind of anti-itch creme.

1 comment:

  1. We love you guys and think you are great together . . .

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin