Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Mother's Day 2011 was great, and here's why:
  • Jared was nice to his sister most of the day. He played with her, sang with her and generally made her happy.
  • Since Jared's Birthday is tomorrow, he brought a treat to nursery. We made Mickey Mouse Cake Pops. They were fairly easy to make; the difficulty came in trying to dye the chocolate. FYI: always follow the recipe directions. We now know better. Funny thing about the pops, Jared picked out Red Velvet Cake as the middle, so it looked as though the Mickey heads were bleeding and all I could think of was Steel Magnolias. HA!
  • It was Annabelle's first Sunday in nursery. Greatest. Gift. Ever. Handful barely describes how she's been in church the last few weeks. It was nice to sit and comment in Sunday School and Relief Society. She did not want her picture taken.
  • Greg made me breakfast, lunch and dinner. He was amazing to me and made me feel extra special, he even got me jewelry for the first time (for Mother's day, that is).
  • I tried to get a nice picture with both my kiddos, but when you have a 3 yr old and 18 month old, it's especially difficult. Life, in general, is especially difficult, and I LOVE that is picture shows it.
  • I'm so so SO grateful for ALL of the mothers, aunts, WOMEN in my life, especially my mother, my motherS-in-law and my grandmothers. They are the epitome of womanhood; I'm so grateful for their examples to me and my daughter, who will be a mother one day.
Happy Mother's Day to all the women out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin