Sunday, July 11, 2010

Uncle Elder



What a full and happy day. My little brother gave his 'farewell' talk in church and was set apart as a missionary today. Yet another reason why I'm glad we extended our Seattle trip. It felt great to be there to support him; plus, it was really neat to hear his testimony yet again. At one point during Uncle Elder's (what I'll be calling him on here until he's done), Jared looked up at him and said, 'unca pawkew.' Luckily, it wasn't loud, but it was cute.

After church we had just enough time to eat and get to the stake center for the young man to become a missionary. His appointment was right in the middle of the kid's nap time so they fell asleep on the way there. I was worried they'd be really grumpy, but they weren't. In fact, Jared got really excited when we entered the High Council room and saw individual pictures of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and the First Presidency. He, of course, started naming them off. He did it a couple times once he saw the reaction everyone gave him. I really need to get it on video... The blessing was very sweet and powerful and the Spirit was definitely there.

We then spent the rest of the day packing the whole house for tomorrow; the folks, siblings and the missionary are driving down to Utah tomorrow for the drop off on Wednesday. I was actually able to sit with my missionary brother and help him pack and organize. It was really nice to have that time with him. He's become such an amazing young man and, I know I've said it before, but I'm excited for him to preach the gospel to the people in Ohio. I'm also grateful for the example he's setting for Jared. Our Gma snuck a few pictures of the process and now I'm glad she did because it's a wonderful memory.

With that, church, and just finishing our packing, it's been a long, but very rewarding day. I love our family, I love the gospel and I'm so so grateful that prayers were answered and this visit happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin