Monday, July 5, 2010

Our Fourth Fun

Our Fourth of July was filled with lots of activities... starting the night before with a few appetizer rockets...
First, we went to church where all four Jackson siblings bore their testimonies. The day before Dad teased that it would be a Jackson Family Testimony Meeting... he was right. I'm so impressed by the people my little brothers and sister and turning into; that includes everything, not just their amazing testimonies of the gospel.

Funny Jared Story: The kids have a flip book of gospel pictures and one is a picture of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. Every sacrament, I sit Jared on my lap and we reverantly flip through the pictures and when we get to the first presidency and quorum pages, I say there names. This Sunday, when we got to the apostle page, Jared named them all---except Elder Anderson. I think it's because he has a lot to say with Christofferson---which is the cutest one he say. I promise to get it on video soon.
After church, we made cookies for the week (which lasted a day)....

Hung out with grandparents and great-grandparents...
Enjoyed drinks and snacks...
Played Apples to Apples where Pops won (even though he complained the most about playing it :p)...
And a little SingStar Abba & Queen...
Then, a few of us made the trek down the woody hill to the beach where all kinds of explosives were shot off. It was so fun; I even had few turns with the punk and held my first (and last) bottle rocket. The crew bought some awesome things, one of which was especially made for underwater. So cool. AND from the beach, we were able to see parts of three or four other shows... which made the night that much better...After surviving the trek back up, we finished the night with good ol' S'mores and Peanut Butter Cup S'mores (instead of plain chocolate use a Reese's PB cup--- it's heavenly). I know the picture is blurry, but I like it AND it's a rare one with Glenn. :)Is there a better way to end Fourth of July celebrations? I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin