Thursday, April 29, 2010

Zoo: Take Two

Last weekend we decided it had been far too long since a zoo trip--- we do have our membership. Plus, since going to the zoo last, Jared has been asking to go back. It's usually along the lines of 'amals, zoo, okay.' So--- we indulged him.. and we think he liked it.
One of the reasons we wanted to go was to break in our {new stroller}. We research lots of double strollers and, taking the pros and cons, we decided on this one. The kids seem to enjoy it. It's so easy to steer and my favorite part is the seats can switch positions so they can face each other, us, or outward. Usually, they face each other because Belle likes to giggle at Jared. :)
She also enjoyed it enough to fall asleep. I think that's a good seal of approval.

Taking a break and enjoying the lions. Jared roared at them so much the big daddy looked over his way.
It was very enjoyable because it was the last weekend of Fiesta and the zoo was empty. For the first nice weekend in a while (Texas-standards) we were shocked to not have any crowds to fight.
The only crowd Jared had to fight was the goat kind. There's a petting zoo in the back corner, so we decided to give it a try. Jared loved to brush the goats.
The goats totally had the system down. They knew what happened when someone turned the knob of the food machine. Gweg and Jared got harassed a few times, but still enjoyed the experience. Video-graphic evidence will follow tomorrow.
Annabelle woke up from her nap while the boys played with the goats and I had to catch a smile.
Since I manned the camera, this is just proof I was there. I love that we're making the same face.
Not in Pictures:
The jaguar was really active when we saw him (we went as soon as the zoo opened) and he took to stalking the family. It was cool to see him upclose. We also saw a few monkeys up close and Jared couldn't stop yelling "monkey OOO AAHH." Also, Jared loved making all the animals noises, he particularly enjoyed hopping in the frog house and next time, I'll take a video. He really loved the frogs.

All in all, we had a great day at the Zoo, and I'm sure we'll be back again soon--- maybe even in a week and a half...

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day! We don't have the need for a double stroller but if I ever do I think yours sounds great. What kind is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That up-close jaguar window is my favorite spot in the zoo. It's crazy to feel like you're right there with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun! And I LOVE the double stroller!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fun. I want to take my kids but it's still snowing in Utah! I hate Utah. Anyway, that stroller looks like my double stroller, only mine is red. I didn't know it came in blue...I wonder if it's the same one. What kind is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's now a link to the stroller website above; I forgot to do that when I wrote the post.

    It's the Kolcraft Options Tandem Stroller. We got the Twilight version because that's the kind they sell at Babies R Us.

    http://www.kolcraft.com/products/strollers/Tandem/149-contours-options-tandem

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, uh, how does that stroller work exactly?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin