Friday, December 11, 2009

A Month of Belle

We can't believe it's already been a month (even though it feels like she's always been here). The picture above was taken just before church on Sunday--I like it because her eyes are open. As of today, these were here stats:

Weight: 9 lbs 1 oz
Height: 21.5 inches
Head Circ: 14.5 inches

I didn't bother to ask the percentages because, frankly, it doesn't matter. As long as she continues to grow between appointments, then I'm happy. She's a wonderful little baby. We can count on one hand how many times she's 'cried.' She's incredibly patient with her brother's kisses and many attempts to give her hugs. We know when she's hungry because she basically just grunts and breathes a little faster---it's rather cute---and louder than you think. She has a little reflux, just like her brother, but nothing will be done about it unless she starts to show signs of distress.

Quick story about her name. Annabelle was the name of my great-grandma (Dad's Dad's Mom) and Leigh is my middle name. Back at BYU, I took a Family History class and discovered the name; from that moment I knew I would name my first daughter Annabelle---if any of my older cousins didn't get to it first. Before we were married, I actually asked Gweg if he wouldn't mind giving our first daughter this name; good thing he passed the test.

As for what we'll call her, we really don't have a preference: Annabelle, Belle, Annabellee, and Bellee (last two are a moosh of her first and middle names) have been our favorites. When she gets older she can choose which one she likes the best, and that's fine by us. Ya'll can call her any variation of her name, except for Bella---she may have a Twi-Mom for a Mom, but she's not named after the book. :)

Coming Soon: Jared at 19 months, Painted Rooms & Christmas Decorations---so stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. She's so pretty! And she sounds like a very sweet baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We stopped at the birth center the other day just for kicks and giggles and Alisa weighed Parker again. Two days after his appt he had lost about 6 oz but yesterday he weighed 9 lbs 9 oz! Crazy huh? He is sure putting it on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe she's already a month old either. Time goes by so quickly. I can't wait to see her as she grows and see how she turns out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belle misses her Jiji, and Oba I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is such a beautiful little girl. I think its awesome that you named her after Grandad's mom. I've always like the name Annabelle also. I guess I'm a little biased. :)

    Love to you all. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Did you make her bow? I love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin