Thursday, December 17, 2009

Extra Touch

Since moving into the house I have come to believe paint adds the extra touch; it adds a little bit (or a lot in our case) of personality and uniqueness, making a house YOUR home. Granted, when the time comes to sell (in the much distant future), it may be difficult to pull buyers in, but I think it's worth it.

While my parents were in town we had a goal to get Belle's room painted. She'll be sleeping in there soon and we wanted to give the paint time to settle. After figuring out we were missing some needed tools, my mom and I cranked it out in a few hours (two coats). We even had a little helper (right). It was fun to be dirty and paint; plus it gave my mom and I time to ourselves to talk which has become so much more meaningful since I became a mom. Here's the result:It was so nice to have it all done when Gweg came home so he didn't have to do any of it. While we were sitting around that night, my mom turned to me and said, "what do you have planned in Jared's room?" Uh oh... Well, this led to that and my mom and I had a plan for the next day and we didn't tell Gweg. So, when Gweg came home after work he came home to this:Actually, it wasn't done. We all pitched in (even my Dad) to get it done that night. Each room still has a little bit more to go, but we'll take a break until after the holidays when Jared finally gets his big boy bed. :)

If, we didn't say it before, thanks Oba & Jiji for helping. Now every grandparent has helped paint somewhere in the house which, again, makes it feel more like OUR home. :)

3 comments:

  1. It was my pleasure do to something to help my kids. It also leaves a touch of the gparents behind. I enjoyed painting and spending time together. LOVE YOU MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! Hopefully Belle will sleep through the night in her pretty room and I really LOVE what you did in Jared's room! Can't wait to see more house pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think painting the kids rooms are always the funnest! I still can't figure out what to do with our room. Maybe it will just stay plain forever!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin